Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

#11 Day - 43: 1st Ramadhan

Hoo...it was surprised party in the middle of the night to celebrate birthday of one of my Indonesian friend in dormitory...so that was how I start my day today...

*Actually I planned to write this blog fully in Indonesia, but now I think I give up kkkk

This is the last lunch that we have together before starting Ramadhan tomorrow...my friends and I together went to one of Korean restaurant in Wolgok...I was thankful bcause my friend paid for me :p...alhamdulillah...for moslem like me, "the food" things can be very complicated...almost two years in Korea, adaptation was the only way...only eating seafood, eggs, and cooking by myself in case of meat or chicken...and please stay away from non-halal meat!! Even chicken and meat in Korea are not halal so cannot be consumed (of course!)...

We chose 해물  갈국수 (seafood noodle) for the main course (6000 KRW per person) and  해물 파전 (10000 KRW) as desert. We cannot resist for eating kimchi as much as possible (*this restaurant has very fresh and not very sour kimchi - taste well for us)...

(Well you can see the menu from the photo here... >_< ...I really recommend this for moslem especially)

in the middle of lunch

and in the evening, I once again had to attend my fave Korean class with the funniest 선생님 (teacher) ever... 김 선생님!!I fell so regret that I always forget his full name...ckckck...in fact, it is so hard to remember Korean names because they are sounded so similar and so many people have similar name -__-

I took his photo for the first time...this class will end soon in the end of this month,, that's why... *_* I will mis my Korean teacher so bad...but the worse thing is my Korean ability is not improved due to hectic time in lab T__T


HOW COULD THIS BE :((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
my funniest-yet-smartest-sonsaengnim

Then when maghrib came...Ramadhan finally come to me again...my third Ramadhan in Korea :')
Together with my friend, we decided to walk across the crowd in Itaewon to find Itaewon mosque, the only one mosque in Seoul to pray Isya and Tarawih...it was a great experience for me as foreigner and also moslem...there is no one that can ever beat the feeling if I do fasting in my home country - Indonesia...wher the majority is moslem and we can respect each other while cannot eat and drink..BUT here...we are just minority and who cares that we cannot eat and drink during the day (17 hrs exactly, longer compared to Indonesia)... Korean people really have no idea about moslem ...so as it goes...it become more n more difficult to keep the Ramadhan spirit if we dont try hard by ourselves to maintain it

We started Isya at 9.45 pm and finished tarawih at 10.50 pm...

Then my friend said she was hungry so we bought this....Turkish Kebab!!very famous in Korea.... :)
Korean people really do like Kebab...that s the reason why so many Kebab kiosks in Seoul, especially in Itaewon...when you go to Itaewon by subway and arrive in Itaewon station...just pass the exit 3 and you will find AnkaraPicnic..the most delicious Kebab shop in Itaewon :)

It s cheap...only 4000 KRW for chicken kebab
5000 KRW for lamb kebab
and 6000 KRW for mix kebab

Try it whenever you go to Itaewon! You will not regret...aa you can also choose if you want spicy Kebab or not...the owner are really friendly and can speak in many languages...they can speak Indonesian also, enough for greetings you and asking what do you want to buy :)

AnkaraPicnic, the most recommended place to try Turkish kebab in Itaewon
Chicken kebab, I ate it in subway station before departing -- So SPICY ^__^

I arrive in my own station almost midnight...and it was so tired...the weather in Korea now is hot and very humid...the whole week weather forecast was not good ...Rainy season has come...

Anyway, have a happy and cheerful Ramadhan...
Cheers from Seoul :)

No comments:

Post a Comment