Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

#12 Day - 42 Culcom Community


Thanks a lot to my dearest friends, Endah and Vania, I finally recognize Culcom community in Seoul, a part of free-Korean-lesson for foreigners...something that I really need before I go back to my home country...Almost 2 yrs here, I swear I learn not enough Korea than I expected...even though I watched Korean drama everyday, interact with Korean every time, also listen to K-pop via my Samsung galaxy...it is just NOT enough...*Sigh...

I am very weak in speaking hahahaha, either English or Korean!

Culcom cafe, located in very strategic place in Jongro 3 ga intersection
I was contacted by Ross, person in charge in this community...we made promise already at 12 pm in Culcom cafe, near exit 3 of Jongro 3-ga station...I was in a hurry because I should go to lab also...that day is the second day of Ramadhan...so I could not buy neither food or drinks...but I was so interested on the cafe itselves...lot of books...people with laptops, groups who seem to me as language-exchange group...and it has great view from second floor...

One of part-time worker there greeted me warmly...ask me in English, "Are you Muslim?"
"Yes"
Me - a bit surprised.
"Oo, I learn arabic in my college..."
"Oo really?"
"Ya..." he smiled.
Then I asked about Culcom community, he brought me to a young lady in the other corner.
"Please wait a moment" she said.
"Ne. kamsahabnida"
She surprised that my Korean pronunciation seems perfect.
"Aaa, Hanguko jal haneyo..."
"Aniyo" Me, feel ashamed. I am not good at all. Thats the fact :(

Then, the part-time guy offered me drink but I said that this is Ramadhan so muslim cannot eat and drink..He understand and we talked a little bit. He said he is taking course in Hanguk University of Foreign Studies...not really far from my institute...He will go to Egypt next month for internship and then Canada,,,ooo I envy him...His English is also great enough...I really wish my Korean can be like that :((((
Huhuhuu

Inside Culcom Cafe


I was then interviewed by another Korean guy and he promised to contact me again after finding person who can be my conversation partner...Personally, I really like their system and I recommended this to any foreigners in Seoul who eager to learn Korean seriously but in fun way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment